A little place to share the mayhem which is my life. Welcome to the madhouse, please enjoy your stay :D

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas is over now on to the rest!

Well Christmas is over for another year. This one was a little weird for us seeing as it was the first one just me and “the teen” but it was a good one nonetheless.
“The teen” normally wakes up at the crack of dawn on Christmas morning but this year he slept in till 9am. Must be “the teen” in him. Teens always seem to be sleeping in *lol* So he came and woke me up and actually let me make a Chai tea before ripping into his gifts. There weren’t many this year because of everything that has been going on with out lives and the older he gets the more expensive the gifts seem to become. *sigh* another sign he is growing up. The bigger the boy the bigger and more expensive the toys. *lol*
My family was amazing and got together to make sure he had a good Christmas despite the uncertainty due to the sudden single motherhood thing. I am so grateful to them all for everything, and being there for the two of us. You really find out who truly cares for you when you hit a hard road in your life and with their love and support I know we will get through this. It will be hard I am sure. I never wanted this life for my son, where his parents aren’t together, but it happens and you just have to deal with it and move on.
Despite there not being as many gifts as he is used to under the tree he was still very happy with his Christmas. We had a good day. It was really odd not having “the husband” around so things were different of course. We usually go to my MIL’s house for Christmas dinner but this year that is not possible so I made my own turkey. It was a tiny little thing but it was a great feeling of accomplishment to make Christmas dinner myself. It was also nice to stay home and not be expected to be somewhere on Christmas Day.
Growing up we always had Christmas dinner just the 4 of us in my family and we never went anywhere and it was a laid back and relaxed affair, nothing fancy and proper. It was nice not to have the stress of going out this year. Just enjoying time at home relaxing and chatting with family.  “The Teen” seemed to enjoy that this year as well.
Here is our little Christmas dinner that I made all by myself and I am quite proud of. “The Teen” isn’t particular about stuffing however so I have a tonne of it leftover >.< Must think up a way to use that up in the next few days. *scratches chin in thought*
1c

  The holidays are far from over however, New Year’s is still coming up and I am trying to decide what “the teen” and I should do to ring in the new year. Somehow I think I will end up watching him and his friends battle each other in video game format. Might invite some family over for the evening for some games and fun. The possibilities are endless. And as usual in the madhouse, totally undecided at the moment. It is no fun to plan EVERYTHING out in advance. You need to be spontaneous and roll with the flow, which is something I am really embracing.
I have been thinking with the new year approaching of doing the 365 project of a pic a day. Not sure how long that will last but I am going to do my best to accomplish this goal. I will be posting the pics on my blog to help motivate me with this goal of mine. I need to get back in touch with my photography. I have missed it terribly. Hope setting this goal will kick start me into my artist flow getting flowing again.
1bHoli
Hugs and Smoochies from the Madhouse


No comments:

Post a Comment