A little place to share the mayhem which is my life. Welcome to the madhouse, please enjoy your stay :D

Friday, December 30, 2011

An Experiment in Creative Photography During the Holidays

I stumbled across Jeff Cable Photography’s  blog not long ago in my random searching for photography tips and inspirations. I have been feeling pretty stuck in my photography as of late so when I saw this blog post about creative holiday photography, I was inspired to try some of my own.
I don’t have an DSLR but my camera has a manual mode and manual focus capabilities so I figured I could experiment with that. I think they came out pretty good for it being my first try at this sort of thing. Normally I am worried about making sure that pictures are in focus I never think to experiment with this sort of thing. I rather like some of the results I got. Here are some of my favorite photos from my experimental shoot.
1d1a

1e1a

1f1a

1g1a

1h1a
And here is my favorite one of all. I absolutely love how this turned out.
1i1a

I had a lot of fun trying different movements and exposures for this experiment in creative holiday photos. I have to say this year’s photos are more interesting and dramatic.
So if you find yourself with photography block then I highly suggest just grabbing your camera and experiment a little. You will be amazed at what you can come up with. I know I want to take more fun pictures like this, just to see what I can come up with. Happy snapping all.
Hugs and Smoochies from the Madhouse


1 comment:

  1. I am glad that I could inspire you. I REALLY like your last image which shows movement, but still maintains the shape of an Xmas tree. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete