A little place to share the mayhem which is my life. Welcome to the madhouse, please enjoy your stay :D

Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Merry Creeper Christmas…

I know Christmas has come and gone and New Year’s is on it’s way but I wanted to share the little ornaments I made for “the teen”, whom is OBSESSED with Minecraft. I don’t understand it myself but I thought I would do something creative for him since it was going to be a small Christmas this year.
I am kicking myself for not taking pics of the making of process but it is pretty simple to make so I will just describe it and show the finished project and next time hope I remember to take process pics. >.<
What you will need:
  • Foam sheets in the colours of the characters you are planning to make. I used Black, Purple, Green, Orange and Red.
  • White glue
  • a paint brush
  • pipe cleaner (I used silver ones I had on hand and cut them in half to make the hanger)
  • scissors or a craft knife ( I used scissors )
  • tweezers to make hole for hanger
  1. Cut out a rectangle for the head.
  2. Cut out 2 squares for the eyes ( black for the green, purple for the black and orange for the red)
  3. Cut out mouth  (basically three squares touching corners)
  4. Take a paint brush with a small amount of white glue on it and brush some white glue on the back of the eyes and mouth pieces. You don’t want too much or it will ooze and just not look right. ^.~
  5. Place your pieces and let dry
  6. When dry take your tweezers or something else that is pointy, to make the hanger hole.
  7. Insert the cut pipe cleaner in the hole you made and make sure the pipe cleaner is even in the hole. No press and twist the pipe cleaner once or twice to secure it. Not too much or you will ruin the foam.
  8. Then take the two end pieces and wind them together to form a loop
  9. Hang on your tree to have a Creeper Christmas
Here are the ones I made. If I had time I would have preferred to make them from clay and acrylic paints but it was a last minute idea so I had to make due with easy *lol*
Creepers1-1
Creepers2-1
“The Teen” LOVED them. He thought they were EPIC. Mind you I had only made the green and black ornaments (not all creepers but “the teen” is busy killing things in Halo atm to ask him *sigh*) originally but he said I was missing the red and orange one so I made that for him before he opened his gifts. That is how quick these are to make.
He had to hang them right in the front of the tree for all to see. So Marilyn has an army of Minecraft monsters protecting her from the “fur demon” *lol*
If you decide to make any yourself please link to them so I can see your creations. The next ones I make I will take more time on and “the teen” said I have some mistakes in them. Like how the black ornament is not suppose to have a mouth, just purple eyes. Ooops >.<
HAVE A VERY CREEPER HOLIDAY!
Hugs and Smoochies from the Madhouse <3


No comments:

Post a Comment