A little place to share the mayhem which is my life. Welcome to the madhouse, please enjoy your stay :D

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ever have one of those days?

I seem to be having a lot of them lately. >.>


What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, they say anyway.  This trying to stay on the positive side of things has certainly been trying *lol*  The week is almost over and the weekend is almost upon us. Time seems to be going so quickly these days. I remember when I was a child and thinking time couldn’t go fast enough and now I am wishing for it to slow down. Funny how things like that work *lol*


Been trying to decide what I am going to wear to my company party coming up soon. I have really wanted to make something  to wear because being a newly single mom, money is tight and I can’t justify going out and buying something new. I just can’t seem to get over my fear of making something. It looks so easy for the ladies that are average size but for those of us that are curvy it seems to be more of a challenge. At least I find it is a challenge *lol* I have a beautiful blue velvet coat that doesn’t fit me right and I think it would make an amazing dress. Just not really sure of my sewing skills to reconstruct it. *sigh*
 
“The Teen” and I went for a walk this evening and I took along my pocket camera in case I was inspired along the way. It had started snowing earlier in the day which seemed to warm things up temperature-wise. Which was absolutely wonderful. The walk was amazing as well. I love how winter can refresh you. The cool, crisp air (that isn’t too cold or crisp of course) just breathes a new life into you.
 
I did manage to snap some photos though, must keep to my 365 project. So here is photo 4 of 365.


1a1
I wanted to capture the snow at night and I am trying out taking photos at different angles to see what I like better. When I am not having to be on a time schedule it is nice to just play with different settings and angles to experiment. I have taken some amazing pictures this way.


Photography also makes me feel good about myself. My therapist did say I needed to do things I enjoy to lift my spirits so spending time with “the teen” and photography are big on that list. I got to do both on this trip. I think next time I will encourage “the teen” to bring along his camera as well. He has seen the photos I have taken of out of focus lights and he thinks they are so cool like *lol*  and he kept pointing at lights and asking me to take a picture of them like I did with the Christmas tree and bannister lights.


I am grateful that I have been blessed with the gift of looking at the world in terms of photography. It really makes me appreciate how beautiful the world is and see things from a different perspective. I see things I would otherwise miss. Something so ordinary to people can be something absolutely breathtaking when photographed. It would be amazing if everyone could take the time to see the world from a different perspective. It really does open up your eyes to the world right in front of you.


Hugs and Kisses from the Madhouse.



No comments:

Post a Comment