A little place to share the mayhem which is my life. Welcome to the madhouse, please enjoy your stay :D

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Teen Strikes Again...

Sometimes I truly wonder what goes on in his head. 

This past Saturday I made a trip to the library. I love the library, it was my home away from home while I was growing up. I see people all the time with e-readers but I choose to make the trek to the old school library and get actual books. I love the smell and feel of books. You just can't get that with an e-reader, but I digress. 

I decided instead of heading out in my normal jeans and tee with flip flops I would don a new dress I had purchased on a ridiculous sale. It definitely is bolder than I am used to. I tend to stay in the blue, greys and black ranges when it comes to clothing. But this dress just spoke to me. It has been hanging around waiting for an occasion to wear it so Saturday I decided to let it out of my closet for some air. 

Oh course you can't have a pretty dress without some pretty accessories so I picked out this beautiful vintage style, triple chained necklace and pretty butterfly earrings. My hair was up in a messy bun with pick roses in my hair, along with one of my butterfly headbands. As well as this cute little butterfly handbag I had purchased at a thrift store.  Yes I am addicted to fond of butterflies. 

I came down the stairs looking positively fabulous and the teen spots me and says " why are you so dressed up? You got a date or something?"  

to which I replied "No, just felt like looking pretty today, I am going to the library" 

"Ok Mom, you know you can tell me if you are going on a date".

Again I state I am just going to the library and I don't have a date. and he exclaimed that you don't get dressed up to go to the library. That is just silly. 

I asked him why not? Why can someone not get dressed up to go do perfectly boring outings? Why wait until a special occasion to get dressed up and look fabulous? Especially when you work in a job that you basically have to wear jeans and a t-shirt to because it is messy and you wouldn't want to ruin your nice clothes. 

He walked off shaking his head still believing that I was going on a date. Really must sit that child down and have a chat with him *lol* 

I had a wonderful outing. Picked up The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. Almost halfway through it now. A friend suggested it to me, as he is reading it and thought it would be helpful for me. The teen and I have watched the actual lecture on Youtube as well. Such an inspiring man. Definitely won't be taking anything for granted any longer. You never know what may come. 

When I got home from the library, the teen saw the book and said " Oh you did go to the library" Somehow he was in shock. Yes it might be a tad strange to get dressed up to go to the library but the way I see it, why wait till a special occasion. Live in the moment. Why wait till a special occasion to wear that favourite perfume you love? 

Did I get some strange looks while out and about in my fabulousness? Certainly but I am learning not to care so much what other people are thinking. I should care how I feel and do things that make me happy. So I will proudly don my bright pink dress and butterflies because it makes me feel good and I am not hurting anyone. 

I am hoping the teen can learn you don't have to have a special occasion to look nice, or to do nice things. I think that is something lacking in society. So many save things for the right time but what if that right time never comes. You have wasted all that time waiting. Just do. :) 

Hugs and Smoochies 

<3 Arawynn <3

No comments:

Post a Comment