A little place to share the mayhem which is my life. Welcome to the madhouse, please enjoy your stay :D

Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Fox and the Raven...

Recently I attended a Charity Ball in the city where my Madhouse is located. The theme was The Spirit Within and you were to dress up as an animal. When I first found out it was an Animal theme I got excited. I immediately thought about dressing up like a cat but somehow knew this would be a popular costume so I began to look for inspiration. 

While walking through my local dollar store I spotted some masquerade masks in the party section. They were butterflies and I have a weakness for butterflies so I started to look through the selection of masks and came across this beautiful mask. 



I was immediately taken with it and had to buy it. I decided then that I was going to be a Silver and Black Fox. I got to work brainstorming on how to make this costume possible. I knew I was going to be in need of a tail and being the frugal lady that I am I knew I wanted to make it myself rather than buy it. So I set to work researching how to's on fox tail making. I was surprised with the amount out there. I ended up settling on making it out of yarn. It seemed to look more realistic to the faux fur and definitely a lot cheaper. More elbow grease to getting it made but I am not afraid of a challenge. 

It took me about two weeks to complete, working a little each night on it. There is a lot of work involved but I think it is totally worth it. For the tutorial I used click here

This was taken after my party, it held together very nicely :)

My friend and I had a blast. He did a great job on his costume as well. He chose to go as a Raven. 



Quote the Raven "Nevermore"


He was very proud of his mask. He purchased a plain mask and added all the feathers to it and even included a blood tear. He did a fabulous job. 

One Foxy Lady off to the Ball


There was a photo booth so Raven and I had our picture taken together. Yes I am know I am freakishly short. I tend to think of myself as fun-sized as opposed to short. Much more interesting, I think. 






There was much dancing and fun to be had. We both had our Tarot cards read. I was quite surprised at my reading this year. When I first sat down she chose a stone for me to hold. She handed me a Rose Quartz. She explained that I needed to accept love and I was having trouble doing that and Rose Quartz would help me with it. She said something was in the works with a man, someone intelligent and I need to just accept love. This will make me extremely happy. She also said I have a lot of people telling me negative things about the situation with this mystery man. She told me to not let them get to me. This is a good thing in the works and to take their negative comments and release them with love. 

I was stunned as was Raven. He is pretty much my best friend so he knows all about the guy I have recently reconnected with and had been talking to since September and who I was planning a trip to see in November. I had been wondering if I should make the trek out to visit him. I had asked several people what they thought and pretty much everyone thought I was mad and trying to convince me that it wasn't a good idea. This reading however, confirmed how I felt and it was the right thing to do. 

Raven had his cards read as well. I think it was pretty accurate for him. I had my very first Tarot card reading with the same lady a year prior. I was so happy to see she was there again and we were able to have her read us. 

All in all it was a great night. Raven actually ended up befriending a lady he met there. Maybe there is a love connection in the works there. I am hoping for my own to develop. I am so glad he was able to make it. It was nice to hang out with someone not trying to get into my pants all the time. Sometimes I wonder about men. 

We did find it highly amusing that we had ended up being a Aesop Fable. If you are unaware of the story of the Fox and the Raven please click here.  There was no cheese harmed in the making of this blog post :P 

I am actually looking forward to next year. That is if the Madhouse is still in it's current local. You never know what tomorrow will bring. 


What did the Fox Say? 

Hugs and Smoochies of course ^.~

<3 Arawynn <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment