A little place to share the mayhem which is my life. Welcome to the madhouse, please enjoy your stay :D

Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

This year I decided to celebrate my single status instead of cursing all the happy couples I see out and about in my travels. I discovered that in previous years I would just end up feeling worse and in a foul mood. Why waste time feeling that way? So this year I decided to treat myself for Valentine's Day. After all they do say you can't expect someone to love you if you don't love yourself first. 

I actually found I have enjoyed Valentine's Day this year. No disappointment in being forgotten or not having someone to share it with. I smiled when I saw all the frantic men looking for gifts for their ladies. My heart was full of love when I would spot older gentlemen with bouquets of roses for their ladies. 



I love getting deals as well so when I happened across these items I just had to snatch them up. In the Madhouse it is not uncommon to be some form of Rock Band being played. Sometimes The Teen joins in, on guitar but usually it is just me singing. We have Lego Rock Band, Beatles Rock Band and Rock Band 2. Now I am the proud owner of Rock Band 3. I found it on Kijiji brand new for only $10. Not too shabby if I do say so. 

I also found this awesome red jacket for $15, brand new. It was on clearance and the only one left. How could I not pick this beauty up. It was like it was destined to BE MINE. Oh you see what I did there :P 

Normally I shy away from bright colours, preferring my muted black colours instead. But I felt drawn to this jacket so I went with it and I am very happy with my purchase. Who doesn't love a deal? 

The Teen also made dinner tonight for the first time. I also got a huge hug for no other reason then to give me a hug. I think I am doing something right with this parenting business. Such a proud mama I am. 

So if you find yourself alone this Valentine's Day, don't fret. Go find something pretty for yourself, do something for yourself or spend time with people that you love, they don't  have to be romantic partners. Love yourself first and love will find you. 

As for me, I am off to become famous and have the best tour in Rock Band 3. Gamers ftw <3 

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY from the Madhouse. 
Hugs and Smoochies 

<3 Arawynn <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment