A little place to share the mayhem which is my life. Welcome to the madhouse, please enjoy your stay :D

Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Countdown is on...

....for Comic Con. 

I purchased tickets for "the teen" and I for our local Comic Con, coming up in a couple of months. 

Both of us are so excited. He actually said he wants to start working on a cosplay idea because last year he was taken unaware, with all the cosplayers. He keeps teetering back and forth on that though. He thinks the ideas he has are too difficult. I told him anything is possible. I have been trying to convince him to go as one of the doctor's since it is fairly easy to acquire costume pieces. He thinks it is overdone. My little hipster :)

As for myself, I have a costume in the works. I have started brainstorming. When I ran the idea by "the teen" he was like "No" but he has warmed up to the idea and has helped me tweak my costume by researching the character online. 

I found an awesome replica of one of the dresses for this character but it is way out of the price range in which I am comfortable with. So I am going with the DIY route. I am handy with a sewing machine so I got this. I am going to "Make it Work" so to speak. Using the words of the awesome Tim Gunn. What can I say I love Project Runway. ^.^ 

Here is a little sneak peek. Any guesses?

 
I need to tweek the boots a bit to make them more like the actually character. Totally doable. 

I have been totally getting my geek on this weekend. Watched all Six seasons of The Guild. I love Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day. I got my picture taken at last year's con and I squeed when Felicia Day said I was so cute. I seriously had a Rudolph moment when Clarice tells him she thinks he is cute. I totally bolted away from her and Wil Wheaton saying "She thinks I am CUTE! OMG OMG" I remember Wil looking at me as a ran away saying "Nice to meet you" with a completely confused look on his face. Awesome times were had last year. 

Yesterday I spent many hours on my feet attempting to track down black and white striped stockings for my costume and finding none. Even tried online and there is a serious shortage online as well and in efforts to keep expenses low on this endeavour I refuse to pay $20+ for a pair of tights. So I am improvising slightly. Making it work is my mantra, as of late :)

I also signed up for my first painting class yesterday. Should be an interesting activity. I am broadening my horizons and I am actually, very much, looking forward to it. Looking at all the choices in the art supply section of my local craft store is pretty overwhelming but I know I can figure it out. Future big artist maybe? You never know in the Madhouse. 

Live long and...you know the rest. ^.~

Hugs and Smoochies from the Madhouse. 

<3 Arawynn <3





No comments:

Post a Comment